[mythtv-users] performance and missing channels

Tilman Kispersky tilman at wiredmail.org
Mon Oct 4 11:49:46 EDT 2004

My myth setup is largely complete.

Currently, for some reason I am unable to view channels other than 5 and 7.
I've got lots of other ones on my TV, they just come through as static
on my computer when I change to them
using mythfrontend. The channel guide data exists (the info bar
correctly identifies
the channel and what should be playing), the picture is static and there
is no audio. The
only strange setting in my setup is that I set tuner type=39.  I was
getting only a black
screen before, and setting type=39 gave me the two channels I have now,
and the static.
(thats at least a step in the right direction).
Does anyone have any experience with this problem and know what I have
to do to see
all channels??

Another question
I am running myth on a Duron 800 with Haup. 250.  Encoding takes about
15-20% CPU (does that seem about right?).
and decoding (watching a stored program) a full 100%.  I am using
integrated video for this,
how much of a performace gain would I get with an improved video card?

thanks!