[mythtv-users] AMD64/FC2 installation: mythtv-suite dependency issues

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 02:38:20 EDT 2004

I now have ivtv working on my AMD64/FC2/PVR250. I have to force the
tuner to 39 to see picture --- I found this out from other msgs on the
ivtv-devel list. I have a question out to the ivtv-devel list on what I
can do about this.

But, back to my problem with installing myth on an AMD64 system.
When trying to install the mythtv-suite from ATrpms, It is unable to
satisfy some depenencies (see below). I assume that these particular
libraries don't exist in 64-bit. I don't know, maybe they do.  (note
that I tried bleeding and testing)

1. So that's my first question: do these libraries exist.

2. My second question is a followup question: what would be the best way
to install the mythtv suite of apps for 64-bit?

I sure do appreciate your help!

brad

[root at killtivo utils]# yum install mythtv-suite
Server: ATrpms for Fedora Core 2 testing
Server: Fedora Core 2 - x86_64 - Base
Server: FreshRPMs for Fedora Core 2
Server: Fedora Core 2 - x86_64 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
........Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package mythmusic needs libSDL-1.2.so.0, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libcdda_interface.so.0, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libcdda_paranoia.so.0, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libqt-mt.so.3, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libvorbis.so.0, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libvorbisenc.so.2, this is not available.
Package mythmusic needs libvorbisfile.so.3, this is not available.
Package mythphone needs libqt-mt.so.3, this is not available.
Package mythphone needs libtermcap.so.2, this is not available.