[mythtv-users] Missing repaint / hang on missing preview

Mark Cooke mpc at jts.homeip.net
Sat Oct 2 18:49:35 EDT 2004

Hi all,

First, thanks for the software - it is working well for me here in
combintation with ivtv.  I just thought I'd report a couple of little
niggles I ran into today:

1. Hang with missing preview image

I have just upgraded to latest CVS (2-Oct-2004, 6pm UCT), and I stopped
the backends partway through a recording for the software update.

This meant the in-progress recording did not get a preview image
extracted although the recording did continue as expected when the
backends restarted.

However, this hung the frontend when browsing the recordings when that
particular recording was selected.  I have a static image preview
enabled.

The error message from the frontend was:

Error loading image file:
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/default/1003_20041002172900_20041002180000.nuv.png

Workarounds:

a. Temporarily turn off displaying the preview image )I guess)
n. Copy another preview image to the recording directory with the
missing file's name (not the theme directory as the error message
implies.  This was the 'fix' I used)

2. Cosmetic missing repaint when deleting the last recording

The 'Sorry, no recordings available' message appeared, but the list box
was not repainted as empty.  Exiting the Watch recordings screen and
returning gave the expected display.

System: latest fedora core 2 updates

Cheers!

Mark