[mythtv-users] Recording Groups

Jeff Hellzen jhellzen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:13:44 EDT 2004

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:43:40 -0400, Preston Crow wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to use recording groups.
>
> In my case, I want to put each recording into "his," "hers," or "both."
> What would then seem logical is to have the "Watch Recordings" menu
> start with a higher-level selection of recording groups before the
> normal selection of shows.
>
> Now: show -> episode
> Wanted: group -> show -> episode
>
> Is there some preference to do this that I missed?  Is this the intended
> use of recording groups?

Not exactly sure what you're asking (but that's never stopped me before):
For watch recording, the default setting for group display is saved on
a frontend by frontend basis.  You can have it "always" show a
specific recording group when you enter Watch Recordings, or have it
alwys default to the "Default" recording group.  This is controlled by
a configuration parameter in setup.  To switch the recording group
when in Watch Recordings, press the "menu" button on your remote and
switch to the desired recording group.

There really isn't a "group->show->episode" option.  Group is
controlled either by the configuration option or by pressing the menu
button.

HTH