[mythtv-users] Atrpms IVTV 0.3 dependencies

charlesrandle at cwjamaica.com charlesrandle at cwjamaica.com
Mon Nov 29 14:34:11 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Installing mythtv on Fedora Core 3 x86_64 and I am having problems with installing ivtv 0.3 (ATrpms bleeding), they are:

1) The kernel-module for IVTV gives the following dependency error:
Error: missing dep: /lib/modules/2.6.9-1.681_FC3/updates/drivers/media/video/msp3400.ko for pkg kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.9-1.681_FC3

The file needed is available in the kernel-module for video4linux. Do I need to install this package at all as Jarrod's guide makes no mention of it ?

2) Also the ivtv kernel module installs msp3400-ivtv.ko. I have seen where this module was renamed to msp3400.ko and used by the ivtv module. Is this the correct way or should the module that comes with video4linux be used or even the one that ships with the kernel itself ?

What is the best path to a) install the IVTV and b) use the msp3400 module ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Charles Randle