[mythtv-users] Re: Settings vs file size question

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sun Nov 28 03:25:52 UTC 2004

Thanks for all the suggestions.   The setting for the lower bit rates
were pretty good when I reduced them as suggested (and the results
started to make sense).  I got the file size down to just over 1 gig
with fairly good quality.

Unfortunately I have a bit of a signal quality problem (but that's
out-of-scope for this thread) so I think I have to keep the bitrate
fairly high.

After several more test runs, I ended up with:
(I may switch the Video Width back to 480 so I can drop the bitrate
some)

- Video Width = 640
- Video Height = 480
- Video Bitrate = 4500