SOLVED: [mythtv-users] frontend console liblibmythfrontend.so.so

Joshua King jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 27 08:26:09 UTC 2004

That's good to hear Glen. (I didn't know if you received my message because
it didn't bounce back).

> Seems the
> softlink was in fact the issue:

There are two lines of code in Mythfrontend which tries to be smart, if you
symlink the file to anything other than 'mythfrontend' it has the same
effect as searching for a plugin which I described before, ie if you symlink
/usr/bin/mythfrontend to myplugin it has the same effect as running
"/usr/bin/mythfrontend myplugin".

Of course if you use the name frontend as you suggested, no such plugin
exists and you get the error.

> I can't currently verify if the overall system
> behaves better without the error message

I don't think it will cause any problems for you, but if the message is
bothering you, replace the symlink with this two-line shell script

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/mythfrontend $*

And save and chmod +x that as 'frontend' instead.

Joshua King