[mythtv-users] Cleaning up /var/lib/mythtv

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 22:24:30 UTC 2004

Thanks Ron, your trick worked very well. For a lark I also wrote a
short shell script to list the nuv files that mythtv has forgotten
about:

[mythforgotten]
#!/bin/sh
cd /var/lib/mythtv
for i in `mysql -u mythtv --password=mythtv mythconverg -e \
		'select chanid, starttime, endtime from recorded' |
	perl -wne 'next if $. == 1; s/|//g; s/-//g; s/://g; @_ = split;
		print join( '_', $_[0], $_[1].$_[2], $_[3].$_[4]) . ".nuv\n";'` \
	`ls *.nuv`;
	do echo $i; done | sort | uniq -u | xargs du -sh | grep nuv$

and if you like, here's the companion script, which lists the nuv
files that myth does know about:

[mythls]
#!/bin/sh
cd /var/lib/mythtv
mysql -u mythtv --password=mythtv mythconverg -e \
	'select chanid, starttime, endtime from recorded' |
perl -wne 'next if $. == 1; s/|//g; s/-//g; s/://g; @_ = split;
sort | xargs du -sh

Cheers,
Shaun