[mythtv-users] help - frontend crashing - atrpms nvidia problem?

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 18:46:47 UTC 2004

I just did an apt-get upgrade on my mythtv box (FC1, atrpms), and now my
frontend is crashing anytime I try to watch a recorded show, or live tv,
and spits me back to the desktop.

/var/log/messages shows the following error:

Nov 26 09:55:34 loon kernel: NVRM: client supports wrong rm api version!!
Nov 26 09:55:34 loon kernel: NVRM:  aborting to avoid catastrophe!

Seems to be a problem with the nvidia driver.  I started out with 6106,
then also tried 6111 and 6129.  Same problem with all three sets.  Is it
a problem with the nvidia packages, or something wrong with my system?
Several myth packages were upgraded when I did the apt-get upgrade, too.

$ rpm -qa | grep nvidia

$ uname -r

Thank you for any help!