[mythtv-users] Swedish xmltv listings (tv_grab_se)

j2 spamfilter2 at mupp.net
Tue Nov 23 18:41:08 UTC 2004

> When I search the archive I found this thread,
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-February/033148.html,
> however, I did not become any wiser after reading it. But has the
> discussion continued somewhere else?

Ok, i got tv_grab_se_swedb working.

Someone mailed me privately and asked about this, but i respond to the list
instead, hopefully i'll help someone else. This all for FC2

1. Download and install tv_grab_se_swedb
2. cd /usr/bin ; ln -s tv_grab_se_swedb tv_grab_sn
3. Run mythtvsetup and clear the channels
4. Chose the video source option in setup
5. Chose Sweden/Norway
6. Now the setup will start in a terminal window
7. Let it run.
8. Do rest of settings in mythtvsetup (like input connector)

exit mythtv and run

mythfilldatabase --manual

Now, answer all the questions for all the channels.. But it will loop, so
when it starts over on the first channel again. Hit Ctrl-C
Now run mythfill database without any parameters, and Voila, it will update.