[mythtv-users] Need help with DVB-S card & MythTV

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Mon Nov 15 11:27:27 UTC 2004

Hi Mike,

> Problem: Twinhan DVB-S works outside of MythTV (using szap/mplayer),
> but not in MythTV.
>
> I defined a tuner, satellite, and channel for the DVB card using
> 'mythsetup'.  When I attempt to tune the channel, the MythTV
> UI freezes for about 20 seconds (presumably attempting to tune
> the channel) and then returns to the menu.
>
> How do I get more debugging information to see what it's trying to do?

First, I'd try running mythfrontend in a console window and look at the
output - you should get quite detailed info on  what the backend is
trying to do.

Next, doublecheck the dvb channel settings you made.

 - frequency is in HZ, should be a number like 12551500
 - Symbol Rate should be something lik 27500000
 - fec can be set to auto
 - polarity should be obvious
output for info. szap outputs hex values, but entries in mythsetup are
decimal, so convert as needed.

Alternatively: There's a patch available that includes
dvb-autoconfiguration/autotuning - if you're running a recent cvs
version you might want to give that a try and report success/problems on
the developers list.

http://www.digitalregime.com/mythdvb/

Bye, Martin