[mythtv-users] Known ivtv+pchdtv 3000 combos?

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Tue Nov 23 16:31:57 UTC 2004

At 10:55 AM 11/23/2004 -0500, David George wrote:
>On 11/23/2004 8:40 AM, Mercury Morris wrote:
>
>>So, how do you watch live HDTV on a HD-3000?  Does it show
>>up in a desktop window?  Can live HDTV actually be watched?

I've been watching live and recorded TV through Myth on the HD-2000 and now
HD-3000.  DVI output on an Nvidia FX 5200 to an LCD.  Before the LCD, I
could get low res playback on the TV Out.

While it takes a beefy machine (Pentium 4 @ 3 GHz), I do finally have it
configured to play back smoothly.  Moving away from XvMC actually helped --
with XvMC, I would get the dreaded prebuffering pause anytime the OSD
overlay was called up and then tried to fade out.

No ivtv-driven devices here, and I don't currently have the HD-2000 and
HD-3000 working at the same time.
--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com
Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://wendy.seltzer.org/mythtv/
Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org/