[mythtv-users] Known ivtv+pchdtv 3000 combos?

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 20:42:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:55:57 -0500, David George <david at thegeorges.us> wrote:
> On 11/23/2004 8:40 AM, Mercury Morris wrote:
>
> >In "background mode", I had been wondering about how I would
> >actually view HDTV, should I ever get the HD-3000 working.
> >
> >Since no one has ever mentioned a PVR-350 and a HD-3000
> >combination working together, I assumed that folks with only
> >HD-3000 cards must have a way to view HDTV.  In fact, the
> >pcHDTV software download includes xine, so I thought that if
> >the PVR-350 doesn't work, then xine would be a way to view
> >recorded programs.  I just got so discouraged, depressed, and
> >frustrated with HD-3000, I gave no thought to watching live TV.
> >But I do use xine to watch DVDs, and xine works, really works!
> >
> >So, how do you watch live HDTV on a HD-3000?  Does it show
> >up in a desktop window?  Can live HDTV actually be watched?
> >

> I use an Audio Authority box to convert the VGA output from my nVidia
> 5200 card to component video which plugs into the tv.  Key Digital also
> makes a box that does this.  You can also view on your computer
> monitor.  Yes, live hdtv can be watched.

OK, thanks for the reassurance.  I was sure that the computer monitor
would be able to show something from the HD-3000.

> >Answers to these questions don't really matter for me at the moment.
> >I have SO much work ahead: move cards around the PCI slots to
> >make room for a HD-3000, rebuild the latest HD-3000 drivers,
> >then trial-and-error to get the drivers loaded and try to get
> >a signal detected from the antenna.  Actually seeing HDTV is a
> >long, long way off.
> >

> Hang in there.  It's coming.  I am sure you posted it in the past, but
> what distro/kernel/video card/audio card/output method/cpu horsepower
> are you using?  And are your frontend and backend on the same machine?

System data: FC2 2.6.8-1.521, FX5200, A7N8X-E Deluxe onboard audio,
output thru PVR-350 to the AUX input on a Marantz SR-18E A/V receiver
that plays on a Sony 61" rear projector, CPU is an AMD Athlon XP 3200+,
both frontend and backend are on the same machine.

>From other threads in this forum that mention the apparantly growing
conflicts between PVR cards and the HD-3000, building a second
system (FC3 this time) that excludes all cards except the HD-3000,
seems more attractive that trying to swim thru the current murky pcHDTV
waters.

--
MM