[mythtv-users] Converting a TiVO Series 2 to a Myth Box?

Ewan Grantham ewan.grantham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 16:04:17 UTC 2004

I expanded my TiVO series 2 (with lifetime subscription) a couple
months ago to add a lot more space, and then I setup JavaHMO to give
me some of the Windows functionality, but I'm thinking what I should
"really" do is convert my TiVO to a Myth box. After all, it's a PPC
with some type of MPEG-2 capture/decode card, right? And then I could
access the full space of my 2 160 Gig HDs, and maybe stream stuff back
and forth to my main box with 500 Gigs of HD space...

Pointers to a FAQ on doing this, or advice from someone else who has
"been there" would be appreciated.

TIA,
Ewan