[mythtv-users] PVR-350 tv-out a separate device ?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 04:49:10 UTC 2004

If I understand correctly, Franco wants to use the
PVR-350 to decode the MPEG-2 stream, and then output
it to the VGA card.  This, unfortunately won't work.
The data that is decoded by the PVR-350 gets sent out
to the TV-Out, and can't be re-routed any place else.

What is possible though would be to connect the VGA
card and the PVR-350 output to two different places,
and tell MythTV to use the PVR-350 output.  However,
in doing that, you lose access to the OSD, and have to
switch screens to get the menu back.

So, for most practical purposes, you're using one or
the other.

-- Joe