[mythtv-users] PVR-350 tv-out a separate device ?

Franco mythtv at email.it
Mon Nov 22 21:58:26 UTC 2004

> If I understand correctly, Franco wants to use the
> PVR-350 to decode the MPEG-2 stream, and then output
> it to the VGA card.

Yup, that was my question :-)
And, with regard to your alternative solution, no,
I really want to use the VGA out, I have a DLP projector

> This, unfortunately won't work.

Hmm, I see, everybody agrees on that. :-(
However, what Michael said:

> can - it is indeed an output independant of the mpeg encoder.
> There is even an X driver for the TV-OUT.

arises another issue: is the X framebuffer done via software by X,
or is it in the hardware of the 350?
If so, then it could be possible (though not currently implemented)
to copy the 350's framebuffer to X frambuffer...

Franco