[mythtv-users] Shuttle SN41G2V2 mythtv box

Jesse Adelman someone at boldandbusted.com
Sun Nov 21 19:59:48 UTC 2004

Hi Jit V,

I've got the Shuttle SN41G2V2, but have an even slower proc - an AMD
1600 MP (yes, MP) - less L2 cache than the XP. However, I use a
PVR-350, so the CPU is no problem. I have Gentoo w/ gentoo-dev-sources
kernel 2.6.9, and I've tested the nvidia drivers to see that the GF4
TV-OUT would work if I wanted it, and I'll give you a qualified Yes.
What I really wanted to do, since my TV has two S-Video ports, is have
both the PVR-350 *and* the GF4 be handled by X, but I had some problems
getting the ivtv and nvidia drivers to coexist. But, by themselves, the
nvidia driver worked great, as does the ivtv-fb driver.

I can't speak to the surround sound, however I believe that there have
been problems getting Nvidia to make adequate drivers for the nforce
audio chips. Check the Gentoo forums (even if you aren't using Gentoo)
- search for "nforce audio".

You might want to see my system's writeup:
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-view_pvrent.php?systemid=Shuttle+SN41G2V2+%28mythtvbox%29

-- Jesse

=====