[mythtv-users] Mythtv, Xbox and GentooX?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 21 18:55:13 UTC 2004

I don't think that the XBox has any special decoding
hardware, but it does have a special TV-Out chip.
Which chip you have depends on which revision of XBox
you have.

My XBox (a v1.0) has a Conexant 25871, but other XBox
units have a FOCUS chip, and even newer ones have a
different chip.  This chip actually drives the TV
output, and the signal comes from the GeForce 3 inside
the XBox.  Although I don't have access to XBox
schematics, I would imagine that there is a pipeline
to the CX25871 chip (maybe something like CCIR656
encoded signals).

That chip needs to have registers properly configured,
or you won't get anything displayed on the TV screen.

Xebian works fine (I've used it), I've heard that
GentooX works okay, but I don't know about regular
Gentoo.

-- Joe