[mythtv-users] Force Prebuffering Pause How To

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Fri Nov 19 09:41:03 UTC 2004

mythtv at heisterberg.dk wrote:

> We are a couple of people on this list trying to get Mythtv running
> smoothly on the Pundit-R but we are having problems the prebuffering
> issue on the atiixp driver. How did you force mythtv to use the alsa
> driver directly instead of the oss emulation ? If you could post any
> .asoundrc file or equivalent necessary i would be greatly appreciated.
>
> lekkim

Sorry, missed that tread last week. Had a tread on this on the dev list
3 weeks ago (title was "pre-buffer audio related")

Anyway, you can just use ALSA:spdif or ALSA:front as audio device
(instead of /dev/dsp) . No .asoundrc needed.
Your mixer device should be set to default (instead of /dev/mixer)

You're best of using current CVS version as a lot of ALSA fixes where
checked in last week.
Also make sure to enable alsa support in your settings.pro file.

A better solution would be trying to fix the atiixp driver (or the OSS
emulation) with the ALSA people but haven't had time to look into this...

Steven