[mythtv-users] Force Prebuffering Pause How To

mythtv at heisterberg.dk mythtv at heisterberg.dk
Thu Nov 18 23:38:53 UTC 2004

We are a couple of people on this list trying to get Mythtv running
smoothly on the Pundit-R but we are having problems the prebuffering issue
on the atiixp driver. How did you force mythtv to use the alsa driver
directly instead of the oss emulation ? If you could post any .asoundrc
file or equivalent necessary i would be greatly appreciated.

Steven <mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
18-11-2004 16:21
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Re: [mythtv-users] Force Prebuffering Pause How To

belcampo wrote:

> Hi all,
> No solution but a direction to find the source(s) of the problem.
> Accidently found that one can stop Live-TV by clicking to resize a
window in
> another terminal.
> Using a Pundit-R as front- and backend, trying to solve buffering
> When I was running live-tv I went to another terminal to fire-up
> while I was resizing the window live-tv stopped and in the terminal from

> which mythfrontend was started shows:
> 2004-11-18 15:11:19 Using realtime priority.
> waiting for free video buffers timed out
> waiting for free video buffers timed out
> 2004-11-18 15:11:35 prebuffering pause
> Henk Schoneveld
The pre-buffer pauses on a pundit-r are audio related. There is some
sort of bug with the alsa (atiixp) audio driver or the OSS emulation.
You can see the pre-buffer pauses when you use /dev/dsp as audio device.
I solved them for now switching to ALSA audio out.

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org