[mythtv-users] CVS: commerical skipping gone psycho

Fri Nov 19 05:42:40 UTC 2004

In general, the commercial detection is pretty good.  It always seems to
designates at least one part of the show as a commercial, when it really
is not, but other than that it does a good job.  I let the commercial
detection do it's job, then I go in and edit the cutlist to make any
minor adjustments that are necessary.

Sometime in the last 8 days, a problem has crept into the CVS.  When
editing a cutlist, hitting the JUMP button to move to the next/prev
cutpoint does not always work -- if I am currently positioned on a
cutpoint.  Sometimes it does, but sometimes hitting that button has no
effect.  If I move a couple of frames in the direction I want to go,
then hit the JUMP button to move to the next/prev cutpoint it works.
This only seems to happen if I am currently positioned on a cutpoint.

Because I go to the trouble to fix up the commercial detection by
editing the cutlist, I have Myth configured to always skip commercials.

The problem also seems to manifest itself while watching the show.  When
the beginning of a comercial break is reached, myth jumps to the end of
the commercial break -- then back to the beginning of that commercial
break -- then back to the end of it -- repeat.  Once again, it does not
happen for every commercial, but at least once per show.  When this
happens, the only way I have been able to get beyond the commercial
break, is to go into edit mode, move a couple of frames forward, then
exit edit mode to restart watching the show.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this behavior?

Thanks,

John

P.S. If it makes any difference, this is with HD material.  I don't have
anything else.