[mythtv-users] lircd and automatic startup

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Wed Nov 17 09:59:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

>>Here is my problem. mythbackend and lircd start just fine during boot
>>up, at least the log (/var/log/boot.log) says they do. However my
>>remote does not work.
>>
>>If I kill mythbackend and mythfrontend, manually start lircd, then
>>start mythbackend and mythfrontend again then everything works just
>>fine.
>>
>>Anybody have this happened to them or have any ideas how to fix this?
>>
> Have you tried testing with irw as noted in Jarod's guide?  Maybe it's
> permissions on the lirc device depend on who starts it?

I am having problems with Jarod's guide as well.  I have added alias
char-major-61 lirc_serial and some other lines to /etc/modprobe.conf, but
lircd won't load the module on startup.  It loads lirc_dev instead.  I
have now hacked /etc/init.d/lircd to load lirc_serial before starting
lircd and it works, but it's not an elegant solution (and gets removed
when lirc is upgraded).

Kind regards,

Mark