[mythtv-users] Upgrading to CVS

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Nov 17 02:20:12 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 16:30, Jonathan Chapman wrote:
> I did run the rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep myth`  and I did the MythTV step
> again describe in http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo
> document but now I cant run mythtvsetup i get a missing mythtvsetup
> command not found error. I did an updatedb and locate mythtvsetup and
> theres nothing. What should I do now? So far i have done:
> installed MythTV via apt-get
> then followed-> http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo
> got a undefined symbol error
> ran the rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep myth` command
> Redid the MythTV step @ http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo
>
> I cant run the front end I get an error:
> could not connect to LCDd: connection refused

Did you edit settings.pro and enable LCD stuff? If the frontend still runs,
you can safely ignore the error though. I thought the LCD bit was off by
default, but I may be mistaken.

> loads up I click watch TV and I get an error Could not connect to the
> master backend server.

Gotta start the backend.

> How can I configure if I cant run mythtvsetup?

mythtvsetup is the ATrpms name for the setup util when packaged in rpm form.
In its original form, it is path/to/source/mythtv/setup/setup, so run that
instead.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com