[mythtv-users] Re: nuv export speed

John P. Mitchell john at cepros.com
Tue Nov 16 17:49:48 UTC 2004

Lonnie,

   I was listing the bitrates that the content was recorded in before
transcoding to VCD. You are right, there are only a few 'tweakable'
options when exporting to VCD.

   The part I find amazing is your 1:1 ratio of original fps to trancoded
fps. I wish I could get my 45 minute recording to trancode in 45
minutes. A 45 minute recording takes about 2 hours give or take some,
which is really lame for the amount of money I put into my Athlon 64.
You would think it would scream, and it should according to some
benchmarks I have looked at.