[mythtv-users] epia mythfrontend

Adam Felson a.f.6 at pobox.com
Sat Nov 13 06:01:55 UTC 2004

I just ordered an epia M6000 itx system to run for a mythfrontend and am
researching how to get myth to run on it.  I'm seeing two branches of
software development for it:  1) drivers and software from via, closed-
source binaries and 2) open source reverse engineered kernel and drivers

Both have advantages and disadvantages.  The via supplied drivers for
the mpeg decoding hardware will also decode mpeg4 streams.  The open
source software can be used with any kernel version, not just those that
the people at via support.

I don't need to run any kernel;  a unsecure 2.4 kernel is fine for me;
it'll run on it's own network with no connection to the internet.

Does myth work with the mpeg decoding hardware with the via binaries?

--
Adam Felson <a.f.6 at pobox.com>