[mythtv-users] MythTV V0.16 and lirc-0.7.0

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Nov 12 22:43:04 UTC 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 14:30, Matthias Meyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After many days of try and error, read and try and read again I have a
> running lirc.
> Have I a running lirc?
> No.
>
> I have download lirc-0.7.0.tar.bz2, unpack make and install it.
> I configure it for my PVR350.
> I start irw, press a key on the remote and see the equilvalent code.

So you do have lirc running. You don't have the parts that interact with Myth
set up right yet.

> But if I stop irw and start mythtv the remote do not work.
>
> Is there someting else to configure?

Yes. First, you need to determine if you're running with native lirc support
in Myth or just using irxevent. Then you need to create the appropriate
button mapping for lirc. For native lirc, ~/.mythtv/lircrc, for irxevent,
~/.lircrc. Config examples for both can be found in the archives.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...