[mythtv-users] Via M10000 and PVR-350 black scree

Juan C. Gallardo jgamo at cantv.net
Fri Nov 12 20:52:42 UTC 2004

Hello everyone

Recently I bought a PVR 350, and I have been trying to install it in my
VIA M10000 mother board.
I think everything around this motherboard is a little complicated, but
I know that many of you have make this combination to work, so I am
asking for your help.

The problem is that when I try to watch tv I get a black screen. some
time the computer hangs and I have to push the button to restart it.
Sometime just with a crtl+alt+backspace is enough.

I have via-kernel 2.6.7-epa1
the ivtv driver is version 0.2.0_rc2 (installed from emerge)
Since I am using via and via_v4l_drv modules, I did a change in the
/etc/modules.d/ivtv as follow:

----------------------
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-3 ivtv
---------------------
What I change was in the ivtv line the last 3 was before a 0. This is
supouse to be because the via_v4l_drv takes video0,video1,and video2.

If I try to do the test posted in many guides with the PVR350 (cat
/dev/video3 > test.mpg), I get static.

There is no error loding the ivtv driver. I am not sure if you want to
see the dmesg results. If you need it let me know, but so far it seems
to load the drivers well.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Juan