[mythtv-users] Problems with ivtvdev_drv

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 11 13:03:15 UTC 2004

That looks like the behaviour i would expect with a
new ivtvdev x driver but an ivtv device driver prior
to 108
Are you sure you arent using 100z or something older?
Check the messages file for the version print of ivtv.

John

http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/ivtv-0.2.0-rc2p.tgz
> > zcat ivtv-0.2.0-rc2p.tgz | tar xvf -
> > cd ivtv-0.2.0-rc2p/driver/
> > make
> > make install
> > cd ../utils/
> > make
> > make install
> > ===============no you have to choices
> > install -c -m 0444 ivtvdev_drv_o
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ivtvdev_drv.o
> > ===============or
> > zcat XFree86-4.3-incr-DMA-06.tgz |tar xvf -
> > cd

XFree86-4.3-incr-DMA-06/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ivtv/

http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/ivtv_apps/MPlayer-1.0pre5-ivtv-osd

> [...]
> > ./configure
> > make
> > make install
> > with this patched version of mplayer you could use
> -vo ivtv or -vo
> > ivtvosd
> > keep in mind that this mplayer would try to access
> ivtv directly, as
> > the
> > xdriver does, so they will fight against each
> other.
> > you have to play with the ivtvfbctl and the
> global/local alpha
> > settings.......
> >

> > hth
> >
> > ---z
> >

> > On Tuesday 09 November 2004 23:24, Eggert
> Thorlacius wrote:
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> I am sorry that I have to keep posting to the
> list, but I have
> >> completely lost sight of what I am doing and I'm
> just running around
> >> in
> >> the dark by now.
> >>
> >> I tried downloading the source of IVTV to get a
> new ivtvdev_drv.o
> >> file,
> >> as Prash recommended, but I can't get the source
> to compile (neither
> >> from ivtv-0.1.9a.tar.gz nor CVS-LATEST.tar.gz).
> I went to the
> >> http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz/ and downloaded
> the source of the
> >> driver from there, but when I built it, I did not
> get a ivtvdev_drv.o
> >> file, but a bunch of .ko files.  Installing them
> had no apparent
> >> effect.
> >>
> >> Running mplayer without the "-vo xv" apparently
> decodes the mpgs in
> >> software and my machine can't handle that, so in
> order to enable the
> >> hardware decoding, I need ivtvdev_drv.o.
> >>
> >> Jarod's Guide says: "Note that the ivtvdev X
> driver is included with
> >> the ck-series ivtv drivers, so no need to fetch
> it, just use it. Or so
> >> I believe. Gotta get my EPIA back up and
> running..."  What does this
> >> mean?  Does the driver from atrpms work (for
> everyone except me, that
> >> is)?  If not, where can I fetch it?  Can someone
> who has gotten the
> >> source to compile send me a copy of the driver?
> Do I need a different
> >> version of the driver because I'm using PAL?  And
> once I get the
> >> driver, where do I install it?  Why does apt-get
> install the driver in
> >> /usr/X11R6/lib/Server/modules/drivers, where X
> (apparently) can't find
> >> it?
> >>
> >> There is GeForce2 MX/MX 400 video card with
> TV-Out in my machine as
> >> well.  Do you think that I will have more success
> if I tried to
> >> connect
> >> the TV to that card?  I'd still need to make the
> PVR-350 handle the
> >> decoding, so I'd still need the driver, right?

=== message truncated ===>