[mythtv-users] To TiVo or mythTV it

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 00:13:10 UTC 2004

--- nate s <nate.strickland at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've heard that origional tivos had commercial
> detection and auto skip
> sort of like what myth has, but under pressure from
> the industry,
> removed it.

I've owned Tivos since day one, and mine never had any
"auto detect" feature for commercials.  Tivo uses a
"fast forward" approach to commercial skipping.  The
"backdoor" lets you enable a 30-sec jump, much like
Myth or its main competitor at the time, ReplayTV.

P.S.  Go for the Myth box.  If you want HDTV you don't
really have an alternative.