[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Ben de Luca bend at bedel.mine.nu
Wed Nov 10 10:49:26 UTC 2004

The ACCC is set up to provide that legal advice for us as australians.
But the ACCC is unlikely to do any thing even if it has the power to do
so for just one person. 600 people is a lot different.

The ACCC is not the authority in the matter and makes its powers felt
through the courts.

I think if we continue to let it go there will be a time when d1 and
other sites are forced to stop distributing there information. Please
remember that this thread is about another scraper that is violating
the terms of service of the sites you are scraping from. Some thing
that is more than likely to cause some one lots of trouble in future,
especially as the popularity of the system grows.

sticking our head in the sand doesn't seem to have worked so far