[mythtv-users] Red bt8x8 capture?

Lachlan McIntosh lachlan at directions.com.au
Tue Nov 9 20:15:40 UTC 2004

I had this problem with my Leadtek card.

Solution was to:

cd /usr/src
tar zfxv bttv-0.9.15.tar.gz  (or whatever version you have)
cd bttv-0.9.15
vi bttv-driver.c
--Skip down to line 1056, where the brightness is set. Hit "dd" to
delete the line.
--Skip down to 1068. (Past another bit of code that set something that
nuked the setting) Hit "p" to paste the previously deleted line.
--Skip back up to line 1056 and do the same again for hue, then contrast
and finally saturation.

Make
Make install
Reboot

Problem goes away.

There are several forum articles on this if you have a look at
http://www.mysettopbox.tv/  Thanks goes to
The guys there and at V4L who worked this one out.

Thanks
Lachlan McIntosh