[mythtv-users] Diskless frontend

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat Nov 6 15:17:43 UTC 2004

I'm considering parts for a diskless frontend.  All my recordings are
MPEG-4 and I don't forsee that changing in the near future so I'm not
concerned with MPEG-2 decoding.  My rear projection TV only works with
an VGA->NTSC converter so I'm not concerned with integrated TV-out.  I
would like optical audio out on the motherboard and I'm looking for
something small and compact to sit next to the receiver and other
components.

I've considered the EPIA and Pundit systems but they seem almost
overkill and was wondering if anyone had a similar situation or
suggestions on a way to go cheaply, perhaps a simple MicroATX board and
case?  And certainly recommendations on quiet and low heat processors
would be a great help.  Thanks!

Kevin