[mythtv-users] Re: ASSERT in qt3 -- during LiveTV

Omar Ohatlen omar at karidia.com
Wed Nov 3 07:58:39 UTC 2004

>Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>>/ I searched the archives and found 3 occurances of this error but no
>/>/ followup to any of the posts. I replied to one original sender, but
>/>/ the email might have been old and lost from those who could help. So,
>/>/ I'm reposting this problem.
>/>/
>/>/ This has happened twice today watching liveTV (twice, but with
>/>/ multiple (as in many many) error msgs in a row). I was able to hit
>/>/ escape and mythtv went back to the menu page --- so, it didn't crash,
>/>/ luckily.
>/>/
>/>/ Here's the error:
>/>/
>/>/ =======================================
>/>/ ASSERT: "i<= nodes" in /usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h" (372)
>/>/ Qsocketdevice:: writeblock: Invalid Socket
>/>/ <DateTimeStamp>: Error writing stringlist
>/>/ Remote encoder not responding
>/>/ =======================================
>/>/
>/>/ The result is that the picture freezes and no sound.
>/>/
>/>/ It would be nice to find out what this problem is.
>/

I'm getting the same with assert. I just upgraded to kde 3.3.1 and was
not having the problem before under 3.2.2. My system doesn't crash but
cpu usage goes WAY up. I'm either going to dive into the code or change
my qt3 version. I used the SuSE packages to upgrade my SuSE system.

It's a strange incompatibility and I'm surprised others aren't having
similar problems.