[mythtv-users] Default Input Doesn't Work After Upgrade to 0.15 and DataDirect

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 01:11:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

Just updated to 0.15 and DataDirect.  Had problems
with both Default Input and changing chanels on
my DirectTV receiver.  Replaced changechannel script
with one that dumped the script parameters to a file
and discoverd that MythTV was passing 5 digit numbers
to the changechannel command. Maybe they were
zipcodes.
Re-running setup and answer yes to both initial
questions
fixed the problem.

I can't get the default input to work.  I have one
Hauppage card in it with three inputs.  A coax, an
S-Video, and a composite.  I selected S-Video as the
default input on the Capture Card menu.  I then
hook-up the DirectTV input to the S-Video under
Input Connections.  I select channel 3 for the initial
channel.  When I bring up MythFrontend and try to
watch Live TV,  I get a screen that is 90% green with
some static at the top.  If I hit the "C" key,  it
says S-Video and I get a picture.  If I exit and
restart mythfrontend and select watch TV,  its comes
up OK.

But,  if I bounce mythbackend and then start
mythfrontend,  its green screen again unti I hit the
"C" key.  This will really be a problem if the backend
server goes down and reboots because of a power
failure
when I not home.  I'm guessing it won't be able to
record.

Thanks,

Mike