[mythtv-users] Re: International chars corrupt in theme visor

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat May 29 02:33:14 EDT 2004

HI!

Stefan Frank wrote:

>>International characters (for example German Umlauts) are corrupt in the
>>visor theme in the Myth menus, they are OK in the blue theme.
>>
>>You can see it, if you use german language and look into the recorded
>>shows screen.
>>
>>This is in 0.14 and 0.15.
>
> I just installed visor from the mythtv site and can't confirm this.
> I see umlauts in the title (an é actually) as well as in
> the subtitle/description field.
>
> I'm using debian/unstable and mythtv-cvs from just after the 0.15
> release.

I don't meant in the title or description of shows, but in the Myth menu
text itself. It's not in the menu items, but only the top line of text
in the screens, where you can watch recordings or delete recordings.

It says "Welche Aufnahme möchten Sie sehen" in one screen and "Welche
Aufnahme soll gelöscht werden" in the other and there the Umlauts are
corrupted.

Thomas