[mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.15 from 0.14 - Can't changechannel(but guide shows programs)

Darren Richards darren.richards at cox.net
Fri May 28 03:33:07 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Votour" <joevph at yahoo.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.15 from 0.14 - Can't
changechannel(but guide shows programs)

<snip>

> > Joe,
> >
> > Did you do anything else to get it to work?  I've
> > deleted all my
> > configuratons (numerous times) and re-set everything
> > up, but I'm still stuck
> > with one channel.  All my guide information is there
> > and the channels and
> > capture card seem to be set up properly.  I'm
> > stumped.
> >

> > -darren

> Darren,
>
> Nope, the only changes I made were going into the
> frontend setup and deleting the cards and channel
> information.  From there, I put in my DataDirect
> information, configured the cards and ran
> mythfilldatabase.
>
> I followed the instructions in the MythTV
> documentation to upgrade from XMLTV to DataDirect,
> that's about it.
>
> -- Jow

In a final act of desperation, I completely powered down the computer and
restarted.  For some reason that solved the problem.  I had already rebooted
twice, but for some reason flipping the switch did the trick.  Maybe it was
just coincidence and I changed something else too, but everything is working
great now...

-darren