[mythtv-users] Re: Which nVidia drivers?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue May 25 17:58:36 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 03:27:55PM -0600, match at ece.utah.edu wrote:
> OK, I know that driver version 4363 is the recommended version because it does
> interlaced video pretty well. But I don't need this feature for my  CRT projector, which
> is the only display used. I'm wondering if one of the other later driver versions might
> be a better choice for me, and more specifically, is there a list somewhere that
> catalogs the strengths and weaknesses of the various available versions?
>
> I'm using an MX-440 card if that makes any difference, only the VGA out, and I'm
> running FC1 with Axels packages ala Jarod's guide.

Install them all and testdrive them. From initlevel 3 something like

for driver in 4363 4496 4620 5328 5336; do nvidia-graphics-switch $driver; startx; done

should give you an xsession per driver for testing.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net