[mythtv-users] different channels on different tuners, browsing possible???

Brian Rumple brumple at VALUBOND.COM
Wed May 19 11:24:02 EDT 2004

I think this will work in the CVS version.  It works for my setup.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Lee
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 6:08 AM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] different channels on different tuners,browsing
possible???

Hi guys,
I'm hoping someone can help with a really specific problem i've got...
(using current mythtv cvs)

I've got a DVB-T and a DVB-S which both work fine independently from
each other in Mythtv.
The DVB-T has one set of channels and its own video source.
The DVB-S has another set of channels and its own video source.  (some
cross-over, but i'll ignore that for now).
I think this is the correct way of setting up two cards???

I want to be able to browse both sets of channels using the liveTV in
the menu.
However if I start from channel 1 (say bbc1) which is on the DVB-T, and
try and navigate to channel 47 (CNN) on the DVB-S, the livetv ignores
me.
The output from mythbackend is:

"
Channel: '47' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(9 DVBInput )
in setup is wrong
"

As 9 is the id for the nova-t is looks to me that the backend isn't
recognising the channel is on a different card and switching...

(i can use the Y key to switch between inputs on a common channel, but
that's just crap..).

Anyone sucessfully done this?

cheers

Kev