[mythtv-users] Strange problem in program guide

Nick Fasano nfasano at mac.com
Sun May 16 01:08:24 EDT 2004

	Hello to everyone on this list.  First off, I want to say thanks to
everyone involved with mythtv, especially Isaac for creating such an
ambitious project and Jarod for providing the wonderful how-to.  I
hadn't used Linux until I started assembling my mythbox about a month
ago.  I have used Apple II's and Macs before them since I was 10 years
old (I'm 29 now).  Mythtv is the most impressive program I have ever
used, and it is far beyond any of the other PVR projects out there.
The considerable time and effort invested in setting it up is well
worth it.
	There is one problem that I'm running into, though.  I am having
trouble navigating through the program guide with both my remote and my
keyboard.  I can navigate just fine in other sections of myth, but when
I press 'm' to get to the program guide, the remote no longer works for
navigation.  The strange thing is that the keyboard still does work,
but I have to hold the keys down for a second or two for anything to
happen.  At that point, I get multiple keypresses, presumably from the
repeat key function.  Even stranger, I'm having this weird problem in
the KDE interface - when I select a menu such as the redhat menu in the
lower left corner, it's like something is always trying to select the
topmost item.  For a millisecond I can select other items when I move
the mouse, but the instant the mouse becomes stationary, the topmost
menu item is selected again.  It's as if something else is producing
input to the mouse or, more likely, the keyboard.  I'm pretty sure this
is the same problem that's affecting the program guide.  Removing the
keyboard and mouse doesn't help, either.  I am truly stumped, so I
thought I'd post the problem here to see if anyone has seen this
before, and to say hi to the group.  I am using Fedora Core 1, pretty
much following Jarod's guide.

Thanks,
Nick