[mythtv-users] comercial mythtv

Jack Burghardt jack at colades.dyndns.org
Mon May 10 22:44:27 EDT 2004

I saw dvd player recorder with 120GB harddrive like tivo function free TV guide for 699. So if we can sell mythtv for less we can find customers.

there is interesting mini system for 115 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40176&item=4130501486&rd=1
add celeron cpu (1.8GHz 53), memory (256MB 38), tv tuner card ( comes with remote 22) hard drive (120GB 70) and dvd drive (25)

So for  323 you have nice system. Buy them in volume and it is cheaper do you sell it for 500 so it will be cheaper than tivo + lifetime guide. the 80 Hour tivo sells for 299 + 299 lifetime guide so that 598. The myth device will be cheaper and it also is dvd player and music server gaming console. We would have to pay some small fees to stay legal.