[mythtv-users] screenshots with xv overlay

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon May 10 11:58:14 EDT 2004

On Sunday 09 May 2004 10:21, Steven Cruysberghs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a (Dutch) usermanual for myth and i'm trying to
> include lots of screenshots. My (kind of stupid) problem is that I
> can't seem to find a good way to make a screenshot from a tv window.
> The video location always shows up blue in the screenshot.
>
> Anyone out there with a (simple) solution for this?
>
> Steven

Run mythfrontend with the following command:

	env NO_XV=1 mythfrontend

This turns off Xv output.  It might peg your CPU doing the video
scaling, but it should be enough to get a screenshot.

You can reduce the load this puts on your CPU by making the Myth TV
window (or your X display size, if you're running full-screen) size the
same as your capture size, i.e., if you're capturing at 640x480, then
run Myth in a 640x480 window or run full-screen at 640x480.

-JAC