[mythtv-users] screenshots with xv overlay

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun May 9 13:06:53 EDT 2004

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a (Dutch) usermanual for myth and i'm trying
> to include lots of screenshots. My (kind of stupid) problem
> is that I can't seem to find a good way to make a screenshot
> from a tv window. The video location always shows up blue in
> the screenshot.
>
> Anyone out there with a (simple) solution for this?
>
> Steven

Easiest way, if you own a digital camera is to take a digital picture of
your tv. Be sure to use a slow enough shutter speed to allow it to capture
at lease one full frame of video. 1/30 sec is a reasonble speed.

Another way would be to capture a single frame of video with a tool like
avidemux2 and to use your favorite picture editor to resize and paste the
frame into your blank (blue) window. Not exactly fast but it would work.