[mythtv-users] Firewire Port on cable box?

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Fri May 7 13:39:07 EDT 2004

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:

>  Yes, enabled but encrypted. Same FCC order both allows the cable
>  operator to encrypt over-the-air channels and requires them to
>  provide firewire out for customers that request it. So you'll have
You've got to be shitting me.  Whats the point in requiring them to make
the port available if they can encrypt the content that spews forth from it?

I have a huge beef w/ all this encryption crap.  They encrypt it so an
extreamly small percentage of people can't what. . .  Post it on kazaa?
There will *always* be a way to get the content off just about any
device.  But, I'm probably preaching to the choir. . .
-dan