[mythtv-users] bandwith req. for multiple wireless frontends

Franco net.surfer at tiscalinet.it
Wed May 5 10:36:58 EDT 2004

Hello.

I recall the bandwidth requirements for a wireless connection
between frontend and backend were discussed some time ago,
and seems that some people found 5Mbps (what you get for real
from a 802.11b card) sufficient (while other people disagreed).

My question is: what happens in case I have multiple frontends
(say, N frontends) connected to the same backend?
Will the backend need a bandwidth of N * 5Mbps ?

And what in the particular case that all the frontends would
be watching the SAME program from the backend?
Would it still need N times the bandwidth, or will it
trasmit the same stuff just once?

Franco