[mythtv-users] organising video files

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Tue May 4 12:23:07 EDT 2004

Jason Lee wrote:

> Craig Tinson wrote:
>
>> however when I'm looking through the video list they will all still
>> be on that one screen right? I was looking at a way to view the films
>> organised "on screen".. ie a way to navigate through the folders "on
>> screen" in a list like the above diagram..
>

> If you go to the Video List (not Browse Videos) you will see a tree on
> screen that mimics the on disk tree structure you set up.  As another
> poster mentioned, though, you have to go to Manage Videos (?) first to
> make it refresh the DB with the on disk changes (unless you make the
> DB entries yourself like I do with my script).  My wife and I have an
> archive of Seinfeld episodes, a directory for streaming audio, and I
> have a small (but growing collection) of commercials I think are worth
> saving. :)  It's quite easy to navigate through them all, as they're
> all arranged in a neat tree on disk and on screen.

*excellent* :) this is definately worth a try.. will have a look at it
tonight (when I take the big step from having a master/client on one
machine to seperate machines..lol)

Thanks for the advice.. btw.. I couldn't get my head around what you
script does.. any chance you could share it? or breakdown what it does
so I could replicate it? been a while since I did any php but am sure I
could knock something together :)

Cheers!

Craig