[mythtv-users] LIRC help

Dex West dexwest at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 13:42:42 EDT 2004

I'm at my wits end with LIRC.  I've got a homebrew
serial IR transmitter (simple circuit) and I'm trying
to send commands via changechannel.sh to a Dish
network Echostar 301 reciever with no success.  I
believe I’ve compiled and installed the serial lirc
driver with transmit correctly.  Here’s my current
configuration:

1.
kernel-source-2.4.22-1.2179.nptl_47.rhfc1.at.i386.rpm
2.
lirc-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl-0.7.0-20_cvs20040208.rhfc1.at.i386
installed
3. lirc (installed)
4.  lirc-0.7.0pre4.tar.bz2   (compiled & installed w/
serial transmit)

I’ve loaded the lirc driver and according to dmesg
everything is working correctly.  The next thing I did
was follow directions on pvrcentral.net, for ir
blaster and Dish network using JVC_RAW (modified),
that didn’t work.  So then I tried the howto on
www.turbobit.com/lirc.html which is based on JVC_SEND
and no go.  So I need some suggestions & questions
answer’d!!

1.	Can someone point me to the improved circuit with a
standard LED to show when voltage is being sent to the
serial port.  So I can verify my device is working.
2.	Is there any way to analyze the signal coming out
of my dish network remote to compare it with existing
LIRC config’s?
3.	If no to #2 then can someone point me to a config
that will work with a dish network echostar 301
receiver.
4.    Any suggestions or things to try that i may have
missed?

5.	Once I get one working is it possible to setup
another IR Transmitter on the same box?

Thanks everyone..