[mythtv-users] Channel icons - image formats

Andrew M. Bishop amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 12:57:26 EST 2004

"Harry Orenstein" <ho_9 at hotmail.com> writes:

> I don't know about tv_grab_uk_rt, but tv_grab_na does not remove
> the icons and AFAIK neither does mythfilldatabase.  All that happens
> is that the database is updated and the locations of the icons are
> dropped from the channel database.  To correct this you have two
> choices:

> 2. Change filldata.cpp in the source so that icons locations are not
> cleared if an icon cannot be retrieved.  This involves setting a global
> variable to indicate whether or not the grabber supports icons,
> changing the proper grabber to set the flag to indicate that it does
> not support icons and changing the part of the code that gets the
> icons (not the interactive part) to only try to get the icons if the
> grabber supports them.  [these are easy mods and I can give you
> some more specific info if you want and if you are using 0.14].
> You have to recompile mythfilldatabase after the changes.

This should be the current state of the mythfilldatabase program since
Feb 9th when I sent in a patch.  It now won't remove the database
entry for the icon unless there is a replacement icon.  If you are
using version 0.14 instead of CVS then you won't have this patch.

--
Andrew.
Andrew M. Bishop                             amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
                                      http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/