[mythtv-users] Chaintech 7NIF2 & Irman

David Snyder dlsnyder2 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 31 15:12:53 EST 2004

I have a Chaintech 7NIF2 and I'm trying to connect my Irman to it.  I'm
using KnoppMyth R2D2... kidding... R2V4.

The board doesn't have the traditional I/O port.  Its on the board...
inside the case with a wire attachment.  So I attached the serial port
attachment and hooked up the irman.  I replaced /etc/lircd.conf with a
config file from www.lirc.org for a tivo remote and i programmed my
philips/magnovox learning remote with the Tivo code #738.  I restarted
the computer and it doesn't work.

So I searched the web and it told me to check if the receiver is
working by typing "mode2"... the computer outputed:

mode2: error opening /dev/lirc
mode2: no such device

Please help.

Thanks,