[mythtv-users] Can't capture using PVR250

Shawn Flynn shawn at shawnflynn.com
Tue Mar 30 14:28:00 EST 2004

Thomas,

TH = Thomas Hudak:
TH> ivtv simply fails to function as it did before without exhibiting any
TH> behavior different from a working system - other than the fact
TH> that you cannot read from /dev/video0.

ditto here

TH> I did upgrade firmware to the version posted here:
TH> http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/common/ivtv-firmware
TH> Anyone else using this version?

Yes. I installed the firmware from Axel's site last night. I will try
getting in the way of my hobbies again ;-)

TH> dmesg reports everything correctly, video is indeed /dev/video0, I think
TH> most of the posts have mentioned that reloading the ivtv driver has no
effect.

ditto again

TH> These appear to all be via based boards unless I'm mistaken. Does anyone
TH> out there with an intel board, a pvr-x50, and the latest atrpms ivtv
TH> driver having any problems?

I have an old i810 Celeron 533 machine sitting around that I can install my
pvr board in tonight. That might help us determine if it is a VIA related
problem. I'll post my results (good or bad) to the list.

I haven't tried installing the card in Windows yet. I may give that a go
tonight as well just to be sure that it does indeed work.

Shawn Flynn