[mythtv-users] Stop showing TV when idle?

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Tue Mar 30 09:07:22 EST 2004

Why can't you just set a cron job to stop mythfrontend say at 2AM or
whenever you'd be sleeping?  Of course, you'd have to change that or
write something into mythweb to delay it if you're up late.  I didn't
receive all my hardware yet for my "real" Mythbox, but I've thought of
setting my mythfrontend to stop at say midnight and start back up at
around 7AM.  This way, when I leave for work, the wife can go back to
live TV without waiting for the computer to boot and all...

-Khanh